So Much To Do
It’s sometimes amazing to discover how much there is to do in a small mountain town with millions of acres of national and state forestlands surrounding it. Numerous on-site amenities are complemented by the many year-round recreational and social options outside the community’s gate from world-class mountain biking, family-friendly hikes, back-country skiing to small town dining, music venues and more!
Children enjoy exploring the easier trails leading to Upper Sardine Lake along with Frazier Falls, while more experienced hikers aim for the sky! The Lakes Basin’s biggest challenge is its 178 stair-steps to the Sierra Buttes Fire Lookout.
Favorite Things To Do - Only Minutes from Grizzly Ranch!
• Hiking endless number of trails including the Pacific Crest Trail
• Horseback Riding at the stables in Graeagle
• Wander the Lakes Basin area with 50+ lakes
• Mountain Biking on groomed trails in the Sierra
• Enjoying Friday mornings June - September at the Romano’s Farmers Market
• ATV guided tours through Sierra Valley
• Shopping in Reno only a 45-minute drive from Grizzly Ranch (Walmart, Target, Apple, Outlets and more!…)
• Birdwatching in the Sierra Valley, a nationally recognized IBA (Important Bird Area)
• Fishing in one of over 50 alpine lakes and the Feather River
• Golf at Grizzly Ranch or any of the other 4 nearby courses
• Drive a train at the Railroad Museum
• Shopping or yoga class in charming and quaint Graeagle
• Kayak, Paddleboard or Sail at Lake Davis
• Sledding and Longboard Races at the Plumas Eureka Ski Bowl
• Hunting in the million-acre Plumas National Forest
• Geocaching over 700 spots on a rural treasure hunt
• Plumas County Museum in Quincy
• Enjoy brews, music and much more at the Brewing Lair
• High Sierra Music Festival happens in July!
• Indian Peak Vineyards in Graeagle
• Adrenaline and Extreme tours with Bike Adventures, Portola
To view a few videos of things to do, click the links below: